I saw this on the blog Rage Against the Minivan and thought it would be a good way to reflect and move forward….enjoy!!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Went on a vacation with my husband that was purely about spending time together, visiting friends and doing what we felt like doing [which pretty much consisted of eating at all of our favorite places where we used to live!]. This was full of awesome on many levels, including the fact that we live close enough to our extended family that our time together gets to be more regular and not a vacation!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um…no comment :). Seriously, I could have done better. I need to do better, and will this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one super close, but I did get to meet several new babies in 2013!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We said goodbye to my last living grandparent (my grandma on my dad’s side) in September.
5. What countries did you visit?
Some people refer to where I live as the People’s Republic of Duluth – but no other countries!!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More confidence. More self-discipline. A thinner body.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 18 – a milestone anniversary (15 years married to the most awesomest man on the face of the earth); and October 19 – celebrating said anniversary at the Josh Groban concert in Minneapolis.
August 31 – the day my grandma went to heaven.
August 12 – the day I said “yes” to God without really knowing all the details.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
NEAC growing by leaps and bounds – way beyond where I thought we’d be by the end of the year!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting my novel edited. Really no excuses other than my own laziness.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major; just sinus and allergy issues.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Ninja!!! Now to use it to create healthy meals and snacks to achieve that thinner body that I want.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food. More specifically, restaurant food. Something that needs to change this year, both for the checkbook and the waistline.
13. What did you get really excited about?
New directions for life and for NEAC!!!
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Obviously, What Does the Fox Say? Love it or hate it, it is a catchy little tune!!
The cast recording of The Book of Mormon.
Let It Go, from the Frozen soundtrack.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier; excited for the future
– thinner or fatter? A little fatter; but that will change!!!
– richer or poorer? About the same….
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Write. Spend more time outdoors during the summer and fall in this amazing city of mine. Connected with friends and made new ones.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent less time online and less time mindlessly watching television.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband, my mom, and my brother and his family, chilling and relaxing over brunch and the wonderful chaos that is a three year old and five year old opening presents.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I am a Gleek. Also slightly obsessed with Nashville. True Blood (only I’m a year behind on that one, since I don’t have cable). And of course, my beloved Gilmore Girls, which I watched through 2-3 times this year.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
And who’s making that choice, Sophie? Read a lot of great books this year…
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Mumford and Sons. Josh Groban. Broadway musicals. Josh Groban. Celtic Woman. Josh Groban. And so on….
22. What was your favorite film of the year?
We have been on a really good movie streak as of late – can’t think of any I saw that I didn’t like!!!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37. I spent the day working and then setting up for Family Fun Fest at our local community center.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Editing my novel and at least getting it sent out to agents.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Kind of stuck in my graduation year (1994). In need of Stacey and Clinton to slap it out of me.
26. What kept you sane?
My husband. My dog. Jesus. Lots of coffee.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
“Be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you may go.”